Splicing a siding on to the main

Splicing plywood to the side of the lams I used two gussett plates underneath

Making sure the roadbed surfaces line up with clamps

The whole area will be rescenicked to accomodate a mine up the hilside with a tiple at the siding

The ties were attached to the turnout with barges and then the turnout was glued in place.

The ties were laid and ballasted before the rail is installed.

This siding is a curve that conforms to the main radius of 23 inches
The turnout is curved through the frog and the points with no straight.

The finished siding looks like it's been there all along.

No sooner installed the hand stand and the crews found the siding
and started using it. No Respect sheesh!



Here's two new sidings installed on the high line.
Went much faster since there is no scenery yet.



I decided to freelance an ashpit on the turntable lead
I cut the plywood along side the table lead and along the outer edge of the pit track
Then wet it thoroughly with water (1/2 cdx ply). That made it plyable and I could bend
it down and flat again. Then attached it to the frame with glue and screws. It stayed.
I cut the notch under the lead track. Then glued that piece to the lower track roaded.
I mixed some plaster and smoothed it on the walls formed by the cut plywood. As it was
setting I used an exacto #11 to carve the stones. Surprisingly easy. Once dry, I stained
the wall with diluted shoe dye (black and brown separately) a bit of balast and it's looking
good. Just have to attach the code 40 rails and put the beam support under the exposed rail.
No particular prototype was used, just kinda the way I think it ought to go.

One gon is going to fit well

It has a nice feel to it.......I guess that's what I wanted.

The stub turnout and the table are code 40 so I'll use that on the leads.
I was surprised that the whole thing, including the brick work, took about 4 hours.